Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kind Thad

It was a quiet morning. My pregnancy body wakes up almost everyday at 6:15/6:30. I was able to read the rest of The Continuous Conversion.
 Jas was working  on the Terrace house & Keat & Jonas were doing their Sat thing (wake up, do work jobs & read to be able to play playstation). I was cleaning the kitchen while T was coloring. We were listening to Philip Phillips "I Can't Go Wrong." Here are the words that touched me: "I can't go wrong as long as I remember where I'm from.  Hold my head up just to keep it clear. I want a chance to face my fear, face my fear." Hit me like a ton of bricks. Yes, I'm pregnant & hormonal, but I also realize I'm trying (& often failing) as I'm facing this fear, the fear of not being blessed w a daughter. 
So there I was on the kitchen floor, crying. T picked up on this quickly. He came over to me with his sweet 2 year old self & asked, "owie? Mommy owie? Mommy sad?" He gave me several hugs, grabbed my chin w his pudgy hand & kissed me square on the lips. My tender mercy. Must be remembered. I can face this fear.


No comments: