Sunday, October 31, 2010

Canning and Potty Training

I know, it's been months since I've posted and much longer since there's been pics--so I'll start off small. Back in Sept. Jas went fishing for the weekend w/ his bro. My mom (Nana to my boys) came up for the weekend! We had a blast going to K's soccer game, playing with the boys, eating Chinese food, taking little J to the potty a million times and canning! Here's little J helping smash the raspberries for jam! So proud of him being potty trained!!! I had Jas take this pic of all our hard work--My mom says it's like taking a pic of the deer you get hunting! I am positively giddy about these beautiful bottles of goodness--peaches, pears, raspberry jam, and jalapeno jelly! Thanks mom for the good memories (my favorite: the jalapeno jelly at near midnight and her lips and my hands burning--the oil from the peppers went through our gloves--such pain and slaphappy laughing!!






4 comments:

Melynie said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! Your canning is AWESOME! I'm gearing up to do applesauce and apple pie filling. And your baby is so cute and BIG!! Can't believe it! You are beautiful and I miss you! Hope you guys are doing well. How's Utah?

Michelle said...

I am jealous! I wish I knew how to can!

Amy said...

Ooh, those pictures ALMOST make me want to can! I love your kitchen, by the way. I am so happy the little guy is potty trained!! Yay!!

Mandie said...

Wow, I'm impressed! That looks like a lot of work. I bet it makes it taste better too. I think I would can too if I had a kitchen like that!