Monday, May 8, 2017

Remembering Dale Martin

 
Dell Martin passed away a couple of  weeks ago. This is my good buddy Mike Martins dad. Dell left an impression on me. He was good at the things that matter most. He was a patient and kind father and a good husband. He was stalwart and steady in following the Lord. His obituary resume is stacked with all the right things. I don't gather that he sunk much of his life into vain or unnecessary pursuits.  My parents and all of their neighborhood friends are all around the same age. They look after each other as they are all facing these trials you face in your golden years. When my dad went over, he and Ralph Knudson gave the kids and Marilee blessings. Mike told me that when he hugged my dad he felt like his dad was there hugging him. Amazingly my dad told me something similar. He said that when he hugged Mike he felt like he was hugging him for Dell and felt him there. 

No comments: