Monday, February 25, 2008

Sweet Moments

Okay, so when Jas is out of town I always make sure to tell him some of the sweet moments of the day. I thought I'd share a few with all of you!

*Yesterday, while baking cookies, Jonas started getting fussy in his bouncer. I said to Keaton, "Keaters, Jonas is sad. Can you make him happy?" K went and grabbed his beloved chichi (blanket) and took it over to J. He then found a corner and tried to put it in Jonas's mouth while saying, "try." Absolute sweetest!

*While reading I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson (thanks Shannon) I just snuggled tight to Jonas. This book is inspirational and should be read by all women. A favorite from it:
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby; and babies don't keep.
Author Unknown

*Finding a little note from Jas in my pillowcase .....cutest husband huh?

Moments like these make all the tantrums, laundry, dirty diapers etc. totally worth it. In fact, those tough times just help make the sweet times that much sweeter.

6 comments:

Roberts' family said...

Ahh! That was beautiful and something I definitely need to keep in mind. Thanks for the sweet moments.

Lacey said...

Thanks for the advice. I really need to read that book. Aren't big brothers so cute? I love you Jenn and appreciate you sharing those tender moments with me! :) Keep smiling!

Shanna said...

Jenn, I am so excited to find you. We hadn't realized that you and Jason had moved out of state. Your kids are so cute. Keep in touch.

Shanna

Shanna said...

I would love to talk to you about Activity Days. Do you still have your same cell numbers (ours haven't changed)?

pokienose@gmail.com

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Such a cute post, Jenn! You are the second person I've had recommend that book by Jane Clayson, I'll have to check it out! Love ya!

The Metcalf's said...

Hi Jenn! Your little boys are darling. I'm glad that you found our blog. I really need to take the time to do more blog hopping and I can find more people--like you guys! :) It is weird to think back to our Marrieds Ward days. They were fun, but yes, a lot has changed over the years. Good luck with you guys and we'll keep in touch!
Steph & Justin