Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome 2009 & My Other Ramblings

Don't you just love the new year?! It's like a breath of fresh air after all the craziness has died down. I welcome it--really I do. It makes me want to be more patient w/my kiddos, to use my time more wisely, to simplify my life, to.....be a better person. I'm excited for this new year and all of its possibilities. I always welcome a new slate.

I'll likely write sooner rather than later about our wonderful (yet exhausting) trip to Utah. We were so blessed to go to Utah and see family and loved ones. More about that later.

Here's a snapshot into our lives right now:

Jonas finally had a tooth break through! His favorite words are Dada (go figures!) and all done!
You've all heard of a Momma's Boy or a Daddy's Girl right? Well, how about a Dada's Boy? He is ALL about Daddy. He LOVES his Dada. There's is only a twinge of jealously on my end (hey, I'm admitting it). Mostly though, I love to see him squeal when Dada comes into the room.

Keat loved seeing his cousins and Grandparents. Tonight he prayed, "I want to go to Grandpa's." He says funny things like, "I can't listen." (when he means is he can't hear something.) and "I want Momma lay by you." (translation--Momma, I want you to lay by me). He's keenly aware of my feelings. Just tonight Jas & I were having a discussion about a topic in church and K turned to me & said, "Momma, are you happy?" He asks me this any time my voice raises in the slightest.

I had a bday last week--28. This year I decided to have a good attitude about it. I decided that I'm getting older whether I like it or not, so I might as well enjoy my bday. It was wonderful! I got to sleep in!!! (huge for us moms). Jas made me homemade wheat banana pancakes, K sang the happy bday song like 5 times for me, and we went out for dinner. Thanks to all that remembered my bday--you made the day that much sweeter! As part of my gift Jas is vacuuming for me (my mosts disliked chore)--can you ask for a better gift?! Thanks J!

7 comments:

Melynie said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was great, and that you guys are doing well. It was really great to chat with you the other day! Miss ya and love ya! By the way, your Christmas card was adorable! What a sweet family.

Amy said...

Your kids are so cute!

Glad your birthday was nice. Yay for no vacuuming! I wouldn't mind it if David decided to do the dishes for me...

JustusFam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustusFam said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! What a horrible VT I am!! You should ask for a new one! I am glad you had a good day.
I enjoyed sitting behind you in church sunday. Jonas looks SO much like you husband!! they are both so cute!
Utah was crazy, all that snow! Glad we beat it there though!

JustusFam said...

OK, I should clarify, in the last post it sounds like I am telling you how cute your husband is...really, read it again! I was TRYING to say how cute your little guys were!! Opps!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Happy belated birthday, Jen! I loved the update on your family. Sounds like everyone is doing great, and your boys are just so adorable. I can't wait to see more pics and hear about your trip to Utah.

Colby Parks said...

Hey jason and jenn,this is colby, Sorry it took me so long to send those pictures to you. I had to find out what your email address was. Anyways i hope you got those pictures cause my computer said it sent them but i am not sure if it did or not. I hope it did and you guys got them. well got to go. love you all very much.