Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Valentine's Surprise

*There is a warning that this is a rather sentimental, emotional post--but it is about Valentine's Day and I DO happen to be sentimental and emotional (;
Yes, I did make all my boys wear matching shirts for Valentine's Day. Call me cheesy, but they look so cute! Besides, I gotta pull the V Day card when I can right?!

Jonas all bright-eyed! His locks are coming in curly!



My little Valentines.




J & J


I can't even begin to explain this. Jas got me my MOST FAVORITE GIFT EVER! (after my engagement ring). He spent hours on it--the garage was strictly off-limits for me. I was so excited to open it! He had the boys color on the wrapping paper and traced their little footprints! Here it is......


(K took the pic--that's why it's crooked!) The story behind this gift--Jas MADE the frame, even w/o all the proper tools--and the beautiful painting--one my dear Grandma painted. My Grandma passed away while J and I were engaged. The gift is absolutely priceless .The man who gave it to me--my own ForeverValentine. I consider myself blessed.

6 comments:

Roberts' family said...

What an incredibly beautiful gift. His frame is gorgeous and of course the picture is priceless. What a wonderful Valentines. We love you guys!!

Happy Mom said...

That's a beautiful thing! Love the matching shirt too!

Tinabean said...

Oh they all look so cute!!!
I don't think your cheesy at all it's something I would do.
Way to go Jas the picture is gorgeous & the meaning behind it makes it even better.
I hope your all doing well we miss you!

By the way we've had 2 different docs tell us that they are pretty sure it's another boy, but grandpa Curtis refuses to believe he still thinks it's a girl.

I'm just glad that so far everything is looking good & baby is growing like a weed.

Love Ya!!!

Melynie said...

Sweet little Valentine family! Love the matchy-matchy! What a sweet husband to think of something so priceless to give you!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Wow, you were spoiled for Valentine's Day! What a sweet gift from Jason...I'm sure he earned lots of points for that one (though some may have been taken away for making him wear matchy-shirts, JK!). Looks like you guys are doing wonderful in Missouri. We miss you lots, though!

Amy said...

How sweet!