Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Split Second of Perfection

Calling all moms--do you remember premomhood (is that a word?!) where you pictured what life will be like as a mom--calm, peaceful, perfect? Then, you became a mom....not exactly calm, peaceful and perfect. When I do have those perfect moments I embrace them and write them down so I remember them in the crazy, not-so-perfect moments of mommyhood.
Here's one of 'em:
Last week I was with my boys in the kitchen. They both were coloring--working on their amazing art projects and I was sweeping the kitchen. Unprompted K started humming "Love at Home." I joined in. Then, my 21 month old semi-music genius started humming it too. Yes, here I am, the mother humming and sweeping in the kitchen w/ my two angels who were humming and creating works of art. Don't forget we were humming "LOVE AT HOME."

I actually started to laugh at how perfect it was--it lasted 2 min. tops--but it was still perfect.
One of the many reasons why I became a mother. Dreams do come true (I won't go into details about the screaming and unsharing of crayons that happened after...)

7 comments:

Amy said...

That's so funny! Like a Hallmark movie. Or a seminary video:0) I'm so glad you have those moments. You're a good mommy & you deserve it. Of course those perfect moments usually only happen in the privacy of home. Witnesses usually only see the real nitty-gritty moments of trying (sometimes unsuccessfully) to control our kids in public-- like at baptisms, for example:0)

Michelle said...

What a sweet moment, and I am glad you wrote it down. Those moments are easy to forget, but never should be. What sweet boys you have!

Melynie said...

That is SUCH a sweet moment! Those are the kind that we moms live for. Love it!

Tinabean said...

I love moments like that.
They are what it is all about.
The boys are so cute I miss them & you guys to I hope we get to see you soon.

Happy Mom said...

I wouldn't go into the screaming/not sharing moments either. We all have sooo many of those moments, who wants to read about them in a blog. I can just watch it here at home!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Very sweet, Jen! What adorable boys you have. I just wish I actually got to see them ever!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

What, you guys aren't happily and peacefully humming "Love at Home" together every day like we are at our house? J/K, sounds like such a wonderful moment in mommyhood for you Jenn! Your boys are adorable as ever.