Wednesday, February 26, 2014

5 fouls.

Keats game was as we would expect. Every time that kid steps foot on the court he has only one way -- all out!  He throws his guts into the game!  On one loose ball Keat dove on it and a struggle for the ball began between him and the other team. The ref called a jump and blew the whistle.....but that didn't stop the fierce battle for the ball.  Like a pro wrestler, Keat threw a leg over the other kid in a scissor hold and put an end to the contest. Really funny...and typical of Keat. 

Unfortunately I was not watching the foul count close enough and Keat got his 5th at half time. That CRUSHED him!  That likely ranks up there as the most upset I have ever seen Keat. He was so destroyed. He begged me to go and tell them to give him another chance. I tried to explain that I couldn't but he wasn't having it. My 8 year old walked across the gym, kicked the door open and left. I knew he needed a second to chill out but when I went out there to find him he was gone!  I circled around the school and came back in to see if he came back in to Jenn. Still no sign of him so I went back outside again and found him this time. 
Tough experience for Keat but in hind sight, it will be the best thing for him to learn about the importance of staying out of foul trouble and supporting the team even if you are out of the game. 

No comments: