Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

Thanksgiving looked a lot different this year. We’re in quarantine, so it was just the 7 of us. Originally we were going to pick up food, but Jas knows me well enough that that wasn’t going to fly. Especially since I was starting to feel better AND because Keaton was really excited to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal.

Enter Smith’s pickup Wed night. They had everything except the turkey breast😂 Jas & Jude scrambled to Lee’s-only 20 lbs turkeys. Pivoted to ham. Jude, Thad & Jas made scalloped potatoes in the Traegar along w the ham. I made my mom’s rolls, homemade cranberry sauce. Keat made the shrimp cocktail. We had my usual veggie tray, green beans & crackers w Cream cheese & jalapeño jelly. It was perfect & delicious!














2 hours later, T started hurting again😢 He threw up several times. It breaks my heart 




This kid is amazing though. He had a hot shower & was temporarily feeling better. While he was watching a show, the rest of us went hot tubbing. We played games-spoons, Connect 4, Battleship. 
That night in bed, Thad’s stomach was cramping again. I asked how I could help him. If  I could read a story to him or tell some would you rathers. My sweetheart asked if I’d read the scriptures to him. So I did. Ether 12:27-the Lord will make weak things become strong. Thad then said he really liked that scripture. He’s such an example, even in his pain. We ended w some silly Would You Rathers before Jas took the next time. Memorable Thanksgiving indeed. 

No comments: