Monday, November 3, 2008

The Perfect Date

So, now that Jas is in the Bishopbric, we are trying to use our time more wisely and embrace it . Sat. night we actually went on a date!! A real life date w/ no kids! I know, isn't it the plan to have weekly dates? That rarely seems to happen...
It was so perfect. Our babysitter and her friend came over. Jas gave them the rundown on K bedtime routine (it has to be just so w/ him down to singing the same two songs in the same order--Row Your Boat, then I Love to See the Temple), while I was nursing little J. Then, we were off!
There is this cute, little cafe (Rendevous something or other) on historic main in O'Fallon that we went to. It was a cool night (65 degrees). We ordered some food and went out to the patio. There was this great, live band. It reminded me to back in the day (8 yrs ago) when we were dating. You know, where you talk about your hopes and dreams and then catch each other's eye. Sweet moments. They still happen, even when life comes at you in 20 different directions. We even shared a cup of cocoa. Jas gave me his coat because I was a bit cold. The perfect gentleman.

Did I mention that I had the perfect date?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, sweet! Our dates are usually just us chowing down and trying to think of something to talk about that we haven't already. I guess we need to get that spark back:0)

Melynie said...

So, so fun. I'm so glad you guys got to 'get away from it all' for just a little bit! You deserve it!

McDonald Crew said...

You guys are too cute! We haven't had a date in so long, I think since Jason started chiro school. Savor the sweet moments in life!! And have I told you I appreciate all you do in activity days. They always have so much fun!

Allison said...

Embrace those moments! They seem to get fewer and fewer as life goes on and you are continually being pulled different directions. It makes me want to call a babysitter and go out on Friday. Oh wait, Jon's going on a campout with the scouts!!!

Shanna said...

I totally understand the whole bishopric thing. Josh seemed to be gone all the time. I'm sure sacrament meeting just got a lot busier for you!!! Good luck and congrats!