Friday, November 7, 2008

Here goes...

We have been encouraged by Amy to share "the stupidest thing we've done" to "tell something juicy." Maybe by doing this I am adding another thing on my list, but here goes...

So, Melynie & Chelsea had a list of 10, but I think I'll just share two--you'll understand why after you read! WARNING: no children should read this (that's my disclaimer).

First off, like Melynie, I LOVE to skinny dip! From Florida, to Lake Powell to Guatemala and Belize--it's such a freeing feeling!

Drum roll please....the stupidest thing I've ever done. I cringe telling this story.
*Names have been omitted to protect their identities (save mine, alas).

Freshman year in college my roommate and I had a plan. You see, back in high school we had a bit of a tradition amongst our friends. That tradition would be DH-ing (um uh that would be deer humping--placing Christmas yard deer in a mounting position...I know, I know). Anyways, we had two friends on missions who had written us saying they had carried on the tradition (do not picture missionaries doing this--can you imagine?)

Hey, if they did it, we HAD to. So, driving home from a friend's house, an opportunity arose. We parked close by and ran into the yard. To our dismay, the two deer were practically nailed down with chains. Then, an AMBUSH occurred! A man came flying out of the house, screaming like a lunatic. We ran as fast as we could into our car. As I was frantically trying to start the car, the man ran to our car and started pounding on my window yelling things like, "I'll get you for this. You won't get away with it" and who knows what else (I try to block it out--oh the trauma). Shaking and near tears, we drove to our dorm.

We sat there agonizing about the whole situation when the phone rang. Yes, the police. They would be over in 15 minutes to get our statement. The madman wrote down my license plate number and called the police. So, of course, we had to call our parents. I spoke with my dad who LAUGHED at the situation, but said he'd call our home teacher who is also an attorney. We then had to write letters of apology before the police came.

We were so nervous when we spoke with the police. We certainly got "a talking to." Fortunately for us, the man decided to not press charges. We were let off because of our clean records, but told that we would be in big trouble if anything ever came up.
Needless to say, that tradition died right there on the spot.

So, humor me and share your stupidest moments. Oh, and PLEASE don't look at me strangely the next time we meet (:

5 comments:

Melynie said...

Oh, that is HILARIOUS!! Aren't you so glad you did it, just to have the story to tell?? Love it!

Amy said...

Oh, Jen. I agree with Melynie. I just wish I'd had a good, solid brush with the law just so I could tell the story. What a shame I only once got pulled over for speeding and just got a warning. Okay, so if it really happened I'd be crying. But later I would laugh. Much later.

Chelsea said...

That is SO funny! It must have been tramatic at the time but something to laugh at now. It's nice to know that we are all human and have made mistakes!

Jen said...

I am lauging so hard! That is funny! I'm so glad to see you guys are doing so well. Your family is adorable. Even after all these years since BYUH it is fun to catch up and see how lives have changed.

Tinabean said...

Sister all I can say is I have a new found respect for you!!!
That is hilarious I love it!!!