Wednesday, December 2, 2015

On the Other Hand

It's been a day. Right now I'm nursing Jude. Here goes...
Jude woke up at 4:45 am. Luckily he went back to sleep. I didn't however. On the other hand he called me momma 20+ times today & followed me around. He wanted to be held & put his head on my shoulder. He happily went in the mobey & nursed.
Thaddeus told his brother to shut up. 😟After washing his mouth out with soap, I was talking to him about kind words & he said, "I hate you." 😢 On the other hand, he cried & wanted to be held for a long time after time out. He also begged for me to cuddle with him when it was bedtime.
Jonas was upset because Keaton blew out the advent candle & he wanted to. When I tried to reason with him, he lost control of his emotions yelled at me & swung at me. After having to physically take him to time out & tell him that he has lost some privileges,he said,"you're the worst ever." Sigh. On the other hand, warier Today with a shy smile, he told me that I smelled good, that I always do. He also said," I love you mom." When going to bed.
Keaton had a rough day at school. A group of boys, including him, got in trouble at school. Keat was being negative saying how school rules are pointless & he only had fun at school when breaking the small ones(like pushing each other on the ice). I was shocked. On the other hand, he told me about his day. After giving him a long hug, I had him sit in my lap.i told him he wasn't too old. Then, with tears, he spilled all his emotions to me. The frustrations of always being tatteled on, the hurt of friends, the paim from falling playing tackle football. He shared his world with me.
Jason called tonight on his way home from the airport. He had to pull over several times because the car was overheating. Oh boy. On the other hand, Jas made it home! He scared me to death growling like a dog while I was reading to the boys. They squealed with delight & jumped on him. Daddy is home. My hubby is home.
It was an exhausting, hard & sometimes hurtful day. On the other hand, I kept my emotions in check. It was an exhilarating,memorable, beautiful & thought provoking day. It was another day in the life of a mom. Now to always remember the other hand.




No comments: