Monday, December 7, 2015

The softer side of our rough warrior boys

Today I was having lunch with the boys. Not a really common event for me. Now I can see where Jenn gets all of her stories. Jonas asked me if I'll still be alive in 15 years.  Yep, I answered.  Keat jumped in asking if I would live 50 more years.  I told him I planned on it but didn't know. Sometimes the Lord calls us home at a time we call "early", but there is no "early" for Him.  Jonas asked if Heavenly Father knew when he would die. Of course I answered, "yes, He does."  
Thad must not have been tracking the conversation because he had tears whelling up. He choked out the question, "Jonas is going to die!"  
We quickly assured Thad that Jonas was ok and wouldn't die. 
I told Jonas at that moment to look at his brother and remember much he loves him.  

No comments: