Monday, August 25, 2008

Preschool Jitters

This morning I had the preschool jitters. Do you remember being nervous right before school started? Nervous, yet excited! I am so feeling that way, only I'm not going to school, Keaton is.

Lately I have been at the edge of a panic attack (those of you who really know me know I'm not exaggerating too much!) (: My little boy starts preschool on Tuesday. I've known it for weeks, but have just pushed it aside. I'm NOT ready--he is my baby and I want to be part of every minute of his life. I just want to savor every moment w/ him...

The ironic thing is that I am a school-lover. Always have been, always will be. I was the annoying teacher's pet in elementary, the student who wanted to sit in the front and the one who personally knew most of my college professors...who else would become an elementary teacher?! Jas kindly pointed this out, so now I am trying to remember this for Keaton--the joy of school--all the experiences he will have,the friends he will make, the songs he will sing, the things he will learn...I may not be right next to him, but I will be likely watching through the one-way mirror.

I am now trying to embrace it (though failing at times). We have gone to the library to check out almost every getting ready for school and riding the school bus book. We've gone to meet your teacher and had countless talks about going to school. Keaters is ready...now for his mother. Tuesday will be a day I will likely never forget. I love you Keaters, my big boy

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hope you suurvived the first day!

Lacey said...

How did it go? Did you survive? Did he survive? I hope everything went smoothly. I know...I can't even imagine when the day comes for Carter to go to preschool...scary for me! That is so funny that you were the teacher's pet! So was I! :) Anyway, hope life is well. I am impressed with yours and Jason's baking and cake decorating skills. Way cool cake for your little dude!

Tinabean said...

It is so hard to let them go even little baby steps tear you apart.
Just wait until they get 16 & they don't need oyu anymore!
I know Keaters did good & he loved it.
He is just an Awesome kid like that.
I hope your doing better today & everything is going well for you all.
Love Ya!

Michelle said...

Holy cow. I had a hard time when Audrey went to nursery for the first time, I am going to die when she goes to preschool! Let us know how it goes!

Tinabean said...

Ok you were doing so good there for awhile!