Monday, December 15, 2014

Near death experience: Grandpa Tingey 2014

 

 

2014 Near Death Experience:  Dale Tingey

 

On October 13th, my grandchildren wanted to go eat at a little Mexican restaurant.  I had the enchiladas and thought they didn’t taste too well.  That night I became ill.  I was very sick for a couple of days and on Thursday, I couldn’t stand up and was so weak Shannan called the ambulance.  They took me to the ER.  I ended up in the ICU at Intermountain Regional Hospital in Provo.  I was very miserable.  All I recall is that they said my blood pressure was down to 60/30.  They needed to get something in to me.  I couldn’t eat anything for 2 or 3 days.  They diagnosed me with e-coli.  I was in severe pain feeling terrible all the time.

On Saturday, the 18th, I remember having severe pain when appeared a lighted tunnel, leading to a beautiful area.  I felt that I wanted to go there and so I started to walk.  As I walked into the light, all the pain disappeared and I was in euphoria and feeling so good.  I looked back and I could see my body lying there.  I seemed to be walking normally.  It was a beautiful experience.  I was hoping maybe Jeanette might be waiting for me.  However, I saw no one and began to feel guilty, remembering that I had my daughter, Shannan, and her three children living with me.  I had respoinsibility for taking care of them.  My guilt seemed to increase the more I walked.  Finally, I turned around and started back.  I saw my remains laying there and I walked right into my body.  At that moment, I awoke in great pain and frustration.  It was a very real lifelike experience.  I immedidiately began to get better.  In fact, on the 19th, my daughter, Diane, who had been with me in the hospital all the time said it was like a miracle.  I felt much better and the next day they moved me into a private room where I stayed for another 5 days.  They were trying to build me back up.  I went for days without food and was pretty weak, but I was feeling very good and happy to go home on the 24th

I thought I would record this for my children because Diane had called them all Saturday and evidently told htem I was near death, if they wanted to see me they needed to come immediately.  So, most of my children were able to come and visit and see me when I was recovering.  It was a joy to see their faces, but sorry it had to be under these circumstances. 

No comments: